Whether you delicately powder yourself after a relaxing bubble-bath, practically apply it after a shower so you can slip into your skinny jeans, or use it to soothe a friction rash, body powder has been part of daily life since infancy for many of us. If your a fume head like yours truly, you likely will want to find any excuse to bring fragrance into your routine, and powder is no exception.
These luxury powders often come with luxury prices, however. If you are low on dough, or simply don’t want to spend it this way, have no fear. There is really no need to go out of your way to buy any accompanying powder that your favourite perfume line proffers. It’s possible that the perfume you love doesn’t make a scented powder anyway. By using this simple process, you can turn your regular baby powder into perfume heaven:
- Get a small empty plastic or glass container/ jar with a lid. I just use a jar for making jam.
- Get a cotton ball or two and spray them with your favorite perfume. About 30 sprays. You can also put drops of essential oils like rose or lavender on the cotton balls instead.
- Place the cotton ball(s) in the bottom of the container.
- Fill the container about half full with baby powder (obviously unscented is ideal) and close the lid.
- Shake the container vigorously.
- Let the infused powder stand for 10 to 14 days so the scent oils can permeate the powder.
- If desired, transfer the whole caboodle into a “fancier” container (dollar store?) and get a soft powder puff from your local beauty or drugstore to apply. ENJOY!